Skip to main content
"This morning when I awoke I made the mistake of turning on the television "news". Two of the world's worst murderous thugs, Barack Obama and Francois Hollande were opining about their partnership to destroy Daesh/ISIL and how they would protect our freedoms by bombing the Middle East into rubble and removing Bashar al-Assad from power, and the utter hypocrisy of their verbal nonsense was too much for me. They continue to up the massive military ante which puts all western citizens at increasing risk in their own countries while systematically stripping away our freedoms, and straight faced they expect us to sop up such blatant drivel. Before the rise in my gorge caused me to lose my breakfast I turned it off, which is what I have been doing consistently since the Paris attack and whenever these so-called leaders of the "free" western countries are pontificating publicly, which is far too often. The television networks must be noticing a precipitous drop in the number of viewers during their "news" performances, at least I hope so, though I have my doubts due to the rise of base ignorance, racism, militarism and bigotry among the general population. Watching television "news", (low quality theatre of the absurd), unless it is about local stories, is a complete waste of time. Thank goodness for the web!" 
Peter K. Vickers, Facebook, 24 November 2015




Comments