Massacring the arguments of those who have been supporting the Assad regime and Russia's intervention, orgasmically celebrating "the liberation of Aleppo".
Justifying the unjustifiable
Stop the War Coalition's failure to actively campaign against the wars crimes of Syrian and the Russian regimes
"My friends in Aleppo would rather die than captured by Assad's militias." — Zeina Erhaim, a Syrian journalist
Here are some of the arguments put by those who defend the Syrian regime:
Apart from "the terrorists" of the armed rebel forces,
"The Assad family belongs to the tolerant Islam of Alawid orientation.
• Syrian women have the same rights as men to study, health and education.
• Syria women are not forced to wear the burqa. The Sharia (Islamic law) is unconstitutional.
• Syria is the only Arab country with a secular constitution and does not tolerate Islamic extremist movements.
• Roughly 10% of the Syrian population belongs to one of the many Christian denominations, all fully integrated in Syrian political and social life.
• In other Arab countries the Christian population is less than 1% due to sustained hostility.
• Syria has banned genetically modified (GMO) seeds, stating his decision was made in order “to preserve human health,”
• Syria has an opening to Western society and culture like no other Arab country.
• Throughout history there have been five popes of Syrian
origin. Religious tolerance is unique in the area.
• Prior to the current civil war, Syria was one of the only peaceful countries in the area, having avoided major wars or internal conflicts.
• Syria was the only country that admitted Iraqi refugees without any social, political or religious discrimination
• Syria clearly and unequivocally opposes Zionism and the Israel government."
The points above are considered "facts"; they are enough to make one support a brutal dictatorship or, at least, hope to reform it.